Need assistance? Contact Brenda Peterson (Vancouver) or Barbara Sobol (Okanagan).
Search for Articles & Etexts:
Looking for journal articles? Start here:
- Philosopher's Index
Indexes and abstracts books and journals of philosophy and related fields from 1940 to present. Updated quarterly.
- Web of Science
Web of Science database includes Arts & Humanities Citation Index, Science Citation Index and Social Sciences Citation Index.
Online resource for the brain and cognitive science community's scientific research and interchange from several fields, such as artificial intelligence, linguistics, neuroscience, psychology, philosophy and education. Includes full text collection of books, journals, conference proceedings, calls for papers and grey literature, and provides searchable access to ten major reference works published by the MIT Press; 450 MIT Press books; six MIT Press journals; and abstracts from more than 30 journals from other publishers like Cambridge University Press, the British Psychological Society, etc.
- Academic Search Complete.
This interdisciplinary database includes articles in full-text.
Full-text Online Databases
- Past Masters "Collected works of selected philosophers in full-text"
The Past Masters collection consists of over 100 political and philosophical texts, including the works of Aquinas, Aristotle, Calvin, Hume, Kierkegaard, Locke, Luther, Plato, Wittgenstein and others.
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Digital access to more than one hundred thousand literary and historical classics covering 1475-1700.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online
Includes every significant English-language and foreign-language title printed in Great Britain during the eighteenth century, along with thousands of important works from the Americas.
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- The Oxford companion to philosophy (Oxford Reference Online)
- Routledge encyclopedia of philosophy
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
A dynamic encyclopedia. Each entry is maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts in the field. Entries and updates are refereed.
- A Dictionary of Philosophical Terms and Names
Garth Kemerling / Newberry College
"A concise guide to technical terms and personal names often encountered in the study of philosophy." Good graphic design.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
James Fieser and Bradley Dowden / University of Tennessee at Martin
"Articles in the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy are currently from three sources:
(1) original contributions by specialized philosophers around the internet,
(2) adaptations of material written by the editors for classroom purposes, and
(3) adaptations from public domain sources (typically from two or more sources for per article)."
- Meta-Encyclopedia of Philosophy
An index to seven online dictionaries and encyclopedias including:
A Dictionary of Philosophical Terms and Names
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- The Cambridge dictionary of philosophy.
B41 C35 1999 Koerner Reference
- Philosophy : a guide to the reference literature / Hans E. Bynagle
B72 B96 2006 Koerner Reference
- Doing philosophy : a guide to the writing of philosophy papers / Joel Feinberg.
B52.7 F45 2008 Koerner
- Directory of American philosophers
B935 D5 Latest in Koerner Reference
Journals & Ejournals: